Inside a view camera, everything appears upside down. Charles Henry is a large format, documentary, and monochrome artist originally from West Texas. He gained his BFA in design from Texas Tech in 2005. Before moving to Austin in 2011, he made photographs of the Great Plains. He is a former artist at Navasota Artist in Residence.
Create something every day while doing the best one can. Durable prints of places and human traces bring humanity forward.
- Navasota Artists in Residence, Horlock Gallery, Navasota, March 2017 to February 2018
- BFA, Communication Design, Texas Tech University, 2005
- Fall Open House, Horlock Gallery, Navasota, TX, January 2018
- Grand Opening, The Gallery Downtown, Navasota, TX, August 2017
- Spring Open House, Horlock Gallery, Navasota, TX, June 2017
- Member’s Choice Show, Texas Documentary Photographers, Austin, TX, January 2017
- VERGE Winter Arts Show, Austin, TX, December 2016
- East Austin Studio Tour, Austin, TX, November 2016
- Grayscale, Black Box Gallery, Portland, OR, July 2015
- Holland Photo Imaging’s West Studio Tour, Austin, TX, May 2014
- Navasota Examiner – “Snippets of Life in Black & White” Clements, Connie, June 2017
- Glasstire – “A Preview of the 2016 East Austin Studio Tour” Stimpert, Kathleen Brady, November 2016